BECOME A MEMBER OF THE SCULPTORS GUILD
The Sculptors Guild roster includes prominent national and international contemporary artist members. Membership in the Sculptors Guild is obtainable by professional sculptors of high creative ability. Membership can be by invitation and/or by submission to the Admissions Committee that reviews applications twice a year.
An annual FULL Membership fee of $300 is due at the time of acceptance to the Guild. Upon acceptance, members may inquire about payment options.
An annual APPRENTICE Membership fee is $75.
Deadlines: The Fall 2019 deadline is Sunday, October 6th.
Eligibility to apply for FULL Membership:
Eligible artists must have attained a level of expertise and recognition in their medium, as demonstrated by a professional resume containing a minimum of two or more of the following criteria:
- Works included in private, public, corporate or museum collections
- Receipt of awards, grants or fellowships
- Completion of public commissions
- Participation in exhibitions at major museums, galleries or recognized venues
Eligibility to apply for APPRENTICE Membership:
Those sculptors who have not yet had the scale of professional success for full membership, are recent graduates or have not been exhibiting recently but want to be part of a mentorship within a group of professional sculptors who meet for gallery visits, have workshops and personal conversations about art, sculpture and materials. You are invited to all of our programming and to gallery openings.
As an apprentice level sculptor you are obliged to join one of our committees which helps introduce you to members and learn professional practices. Please choose your top two choices at time of submission.
This level of membership is only valid for up to three years and is in place to be of assistance to mentor sculptors to become more successful at their craft and to become full members who can then participate in our gallery exhibitions.
Requirements of Membership:
Each member must join and actively participate on one SG Committee (Development/Fundraising, Archives, Advisory, Exhibitions, Membership, Education)
Benefits of FULL Membership:
- Curated exhibitions
- Yearly group exhibition
- Discounted membership in the International Sculpture Center/ISC
- Full-page representation on the Sculptors Guild website
- Members studio visits
- Members only special events and programs
- Networking with Sculptors Guild members
- Chance to apply to be in annual art fairs
- Notifications of upcoming exhibitions, calls for submissions and public art opportunities
- Guest tickets to museums (tba)
Directions for Submitting:
Send an email with the following information to SculptorsGuild@gmail.com :
1. Professional CV/Resume as a PDF attachment (Include: solo & group shows, awards, residencies, art-related recognition, commissions, collections, gallery representation, AND WEB LINKS to any of these items)
2. Website & Social media links
3. Statement of Purpose on joining SG
4. Artist Statement regarding current and past 5 years of work
5. FULL MEMBERSHIP: 1 Letters of Recommendation from curator, artist or SG member (1-2 paragraphs). APPRENTICE MEMBERSHIP: 1 letter of support via email from a colleague.
6. Choose 2 committee options
7. Put "New Membership" in the subject line
8. Application fee of $25. Pay by clicking HERE and then click the Donate Now button. You will receive a confirmation from the Sculptors Guild when we receive your application fee.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to include any of the requested information above will negatively affect your scores in the adjudication process.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Sculptors Guild office, email us at: SculptorsGuild@gmail.com and/or call us at +1 718 422 0555.
Office Hours: Tuesdays 11:30am - 5pm and Thursdays 12:30pm - 5pm.